Your Privacy Is Important To Us
At Maywater Limited your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important to us. Maywater Limited is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and subordinate legislation. The following statement outlines how Maywater Limited manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the Act.
For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Maywater Limited (company no. 07559512) of Suite 4B, 43 Berkeley Square, London W1J 5FJ registered as a data controller under the Act under registration number Z311773X.
Maywater Limited is a regulatory compliance consultancy and compliance recruitment firm, advising financial firms in relation to current and incoming regulations and placing candidates on permanent, contract and interim basis in compliance and AML roles at such firms.
For the purposes of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (the “Conduct Regulations”) Maywater Limited operates as:
- an agency when recruiting for permanent positions or fixed-term assignments direct with Maywater Limited’ client; and
- an employment business when recruiting for temporary assignments where services will be supplied to Maywater Limited’ clients via Maywater Limited.
Your personal data will be collected by Maywater Limited to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services, and, to a much lesser extent, possibly to provide you with compliance consultancy services (where relevant).
Generally, Maywater Limited collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
- deal with Maywater Limited in person, by phone, letter, email or via our website;
- supply a CV or application/registration form or related information;
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Maywater Limited contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when Maywater Limited receives:
- any reference or performance feedback about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- any information about any insurance investigation, criminal matter, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Maywater Limited will normally require you to provide signed consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if Maywater Limited does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Maywater Limited has collected your personal data.
Maywater Limited may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- prospective employers or engagers;
- other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- external vetting bodies e.g. to obtain CRB checks;
- Maywater Limited insurers;
- third parties who perform functions on Maywater Limited behalf such as professional advisors, consultants, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
- a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Maywater Limited is required by law to do so.
- If Maywater Limited enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Maywater Limited’s new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Maywater Limited with your personal data, you consent to Maywater Limited disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
- Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Maywater Limited will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give Maywater Limited the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Maywater Limited uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
Maywater Limited will appropriately dispose of your personal data if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that Maywater Limited is obliged under the Conduct Regulations (where applicable) to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which Maywater Limited last provides services to you.
You may request access to any personal data Maywater Limited holds about you in accordance with the Act. Maywater Limited may charge an administrative fee to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the data to you.
Maywater Limited is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
Maywater Limited may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
Maywater Limited takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Maywater Limited may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Maywater Limited know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Maywater Limited to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Maywater Limited holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Maywater Limited will take reasonable steps to correct it.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail email@example.com
The personal data Maywater Limited collects from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by Maywater Limited and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section “How Maywater Limited may use and disclose your personal data”. Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services Maywater Limited provides to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a vacancy or position outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
Maywater Limited and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
Maywater Limited will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
Some of the pages within the Site may use a technology referred to as “cookies”. Cookies are small data files, stored on your computer, which are utilised when you return to a website or page that you have previously visited. Cookies increase functionality within the site and allow accurate analysis of the use of the Site. In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect personally identifiable information except with your explicit permission.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser although, in that case, it will restrict your use of the Maywater Limited website.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Maywater Limited. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as Maywater Limited accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them. We also do not accept any responsibility for the content or security of any third party websites.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 6227